William M. Nassar, Esq.
William M. Nassar grew up in a close-knit New England family. He first moved to California in the summer of 1978, where he obtained employment at Loma Linda University Medical Center. While working at Loma Linda, he continued his education at the University of Redlands, and then Western State University College of Law.
After law school, he gained an immense amount of experience at Bourns Electronics Corporation, a global electronics manufacturer, and was tasked with a wide variety of responsibilities on an international basis and had the opportunity to be admitted to the practice of law with the International Chamber of Commerce and the High Court of the UK. Several years later, William became licensed in the State of California and eventually decided to start his own private practice.
In the early 2000’s, his firm became the largest Probate/Conservatorship and Trust firm in the Inland Empire(with 37 employees). In 2010, he sold the practice due to an illness and re-established as a boutique practice in 2011, where he now focuses primarily on Estate Planning, Trust Administration and Corporate Transactional work.
William has always carried an AVVO rating of 10 and is a California Super Lawyer.
William’s clients range from average means to high net worth and seniors tasked with navigating through the difficult path of bureaucratic red tape for benefits and protecting their assets.
In addition, William has been instrumental in the building, promoting and licensing of two for-profit hospitals and the subsequent sales in excess of $100 million.
His firm provides all clients with peace-of-mind and respect with the goal of achieving the client’s desired results in a timely fashion without court intervention and the high cost of litigation.
He assists clients throughout almost all counties in California with matters concerning Probate, Conservatorships, Guardianships and Trust Litigation, as well as Living Trusts and Corporate Transactions.
- Managing Partner, William M. Nassar & Associates (2003-Present)
- Senior Legal Counsel, Bourns Electronics Corporation (1989-2002)
Education and Honors
- Juris Doctorate, Western State College of Law (1989)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, University of Redlands (1981)
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of California Conference of Bar Associations
- Bench/Bar Committee San Bernardino (2009 – Present)
- Riverside County Bar Association
- Joseph B. Campbell American Inn of Court Board Member (2008-Present)
- American Trial Lawyers Association (1995 – Present)
- Member and Past President of the San Bernardino County Estate Planning Counsel (2001 – Present)
- National Association of Estate Planners and Councils (2009 – Present)
- Member of Riverside Estate Planning Counsel (2014 to Present)
- California (1989)
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Certified Estate Planner, American Association of Estate Planners
- International Chamber of Commerce Paris France (1987)
- Assistance League of Redlands
- Friends of Prospect Park
- Loma Linda Ronald McDonald House
- Redlands Chamber of Commerce
- The Pain Free Kids
- The Unforgettables
- First Tee of Inland Empire
- Loma Linda Children’s Hospital
- Crafton Hills Foundation
Complex litigation Bourns v. Raychem, three-year anti-trust case resulting in a verdict in excess of $20 million. Reorganization/pre-bankruptcy – diverted bankruptcy and $110 million debt over 9 months. Sale of two for-profit Hospitals to Loma Linda in excess of $150 Million.
Corporate & Tax
- Responsible for the sale of various product lines and technologies to privately and publicly traded companies ranging from $3 million to over $100 million, including exercisable options.
- Negotiated the purchase of options in a publicly traded company, which resulted in a net gain upon exercising these options of more than $80 million.
- Successfully handled a complex unfair practices case in the European Union at the ICC, which resulted in a favorable decision to client which opened up a multimillion-dollar market.
- Successfully handled the taxation of patent case in the UK resulting in net proceeds of almost $4 million and the invalidation of at least six patents, opening a new and emerging market.
- Instrumental in negotiating formation and construction of electronic factories in Xiam China, Linkow Taiwan and Hong Kong involving more than $80 million and 2,500 jobs.
- Negotiated with foreign governments, such as Ireland, Scotland and Costa Rica, for substantial foreign tax credits.
- Assisted in building of for-profit hospital from the ground-up, including representing the entity in front of the city council to argue the merits of the company and the positive effects that it has on the community, negotiating with an operator and partner in the building of the project, dealing with OSHPOD and the sale of the hospital, a transaction in excess of $100 million in cash and assumption of debt.
Trusts, Probate & Estate Planning
- Numerous appointments by the Probate Court to represent minors and dependent adults to recover assets that have been stolen by unscrupulous individuals.
- Successfully defended beneficiaries of estate against wrongful death actions.
- Represent banks, financial institutions and professionals in the administration of special needs trusts, conservatorships and probate estates.
- Handled and brought to a close a 20-year Trust Litigation case in favor of his client in excess of $20 million.
- Managed multiple multimillion-dollar estates and trusts, including tax strategies, sale of residential and commercial properties and settlement of lawsuits between beneficiaries.
- Obtained a $7.6 million verdict on behalf of his client for improper use and sale of licensed assets and marketing materials, including return and close of wrongfully competing businesses.