Albert W. Marchetti, Esq.
After giving up the dream of becoming a professional ball player, Al Marcetti decided to pursue a legal career. He obtained his Juris Doctorate degree from the University of Pacific McGeorge School of Law and obtained his undergraduate degree in Structural Engineering at Brigham Young University. After completing school, Al worked at the law firm of Thompson & Colegate (Riverside, CA) in the areas of Construction Defect Law and Insurance Defense. From there, Al moved on to work for the Law Office of Walter J. Hogan, which was located in San Bernardino and primarily representing municipalities and peforming county work at the time.
Al currently freelances with a few local law firms in the Riverside and San Bernardino County areas, handling Litigation and Trusts and Estates.
- University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law, Sacramento, California.
- J.D., conferred May 1990. Class Rank: Top Quarter
Participant National Moot Court Trial Advocacy Competition
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah. Bachelor of Science, August 1986, Construction Management.
- Sole Proprietor of the Law Offices of Al Marchetti, handling plaintiff Personal Injury cases, Wills and Trusts, Criminal defense, Construction defect and general liability defense cases for Ability Counts, Inc., Basic Occupational Training Centers, Inc., First Financial Insurance Company, Foremost Insurance Company and other private companies. From September 1999 until the present.
- Of Counsel to Horspool & Horspool, A professional Corporation handling Probate matters, Civil Litigation, Trust Administration and Litigation and advising as to Conservatorships and Guardianships. June, 2012 until the present.
- Associate Attorney for the Hegner Law Firm preparing plaintiff personal injury cases in all aspects for trial, arbitration or mediation, including two jury trials to conclusion. Some preparation of criminal defense cases for trial was required of the position. October 2003 until June, 2004.
- Temporary Legal Research Attorney for Riverside County, handling daily case workups for Civil trial judges. September of 2001 to December of 2001.
- Lanahan & Reilley LLP. Senior associate of Los Angeles office handling trial preparation, class action construction defect and general civil case management. April 1999 to September 1999.
- Law Offices of Walter J. Hogan. Senior associate handling construction mechanic's liens and construction transactions, defects, P.I. plaintiff & defense, governmental entity defense, civil rights defense, eminent domain, real estate law, general civil case management, including bench and jury trials. October 1992 to April 1999.
- Associate Attorney at Thompson & Colegate - preparing and appearing on motions, participating in settlement negotiations and general case work-up in auto P.I. defense, construction P.I., contract and defect, land use, premises liability and wrongful termination cases. September 1990 to June 1992.
Inactive licensed general contractor in Utah; operating knowledge of following computer programs: WestLaw, Lexis, Microsoft Word, Excel, WordPerfect; Legal Solutions; Fluent Spanish.
All sporting activities, American history, teaching and public speaking.
Bar & Association Memberships
- Active member of California Bar
- Inactive member of Utah State Bar
- Temporary Judge in San Bernardino Consolidated Courts from 1997 to 1999
- Former Member of Board of Directors of Ability Counts, Inc. from 1994 until 2014, a non-profit corp. that employs disabled workers in a workshop environment
- Former member of Board of Directors, J. Reuben Clark Law Society, Los Angeles Chapter
- Temporary Judge in Riverside Superior Courts from 2007 to 2010.
- Candidate for Judicial Seat 21 in 2014 general election.